This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is prepared in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 – 7 Principles Personal Data Protection prescribed by the PDPA, 2010 (Act 709) under section 5 (1) of the Act; The 709-by maintaining the integrity of personal data. By visiting our website or providing personal data to us, you are deemed to have read and consent to us using, collecting and processing your personal data in the manner described in this Notice.
Kindly note that we reserve the right to change, amend and/or vary this Notice at any time. You are advised to check this Notice from our website from time to time for amendments or updates. If there is any conflict between the English and Bahasa Malaysia versions of this Notice, the English version shall prevail.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL
We may collect your personal data in the course of your dealings with us include without limitation to contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents, gender, nationality and race, current private and/or business address, telephone and/or mobile phone number, fax number and email address and income range.
METHOD OF COLLECTION
We may collect personal data directly from you when you:-
- browse our website (both mobile and web versions);
- create an account with us;
- communicate with us;
- make a transaction regarding the products and services available on our website;
- where you subscribe for information on our products and/or service or to our publications (for example newsletters);
- participate in any of our surveys, competitions, lucky draws or promotional offers;
- respond to any marketing materials we send out; and/or
- provide feedback to us.
Other than personal data obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal data from third parties we deal with or who are connected with you and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
If you provide personal data of any third party to us, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the necessary consent, license and permissions from that third party to share and transfer his/her personal data to us, and for us to collect, store, use and disclose that data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
The Personal Data collected by us may be used for, amongst others, the following purposes as applicable: –
- to process orders you submit through the website;
- to deliver the products you have purchased through the website. We may pass your personal information to a third party (e.g. our logistics partner) or relevant regulatory authority in order to make delivery of the product to you;
- to respond to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes, whether directly or through our third party service providers;
- the delivery of notices, services or products and the marketing of such services or products to you;
where applicable, to verify your documentation submitted to us facilitate your onboarding with us as a vendor on the website;
- conducting marketing, surveys and customer profiling activities in connection with our services and related products;
our internal record keeping; and/or
- to provide customer care and enhance customer satisfaction, including but not limited to, resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to requests and enquiries, warranty, returns and other after sales services.
- Failure to supply personal data
- The failure to supply such personal data as may be needed may:
– result in us being unable to provide you with the notices, services and/or products requested;
– affect our ability to effect the necessary processes relating to the supply of our products and/or services; and/or result in us being unable to update you on our latest products, services, promotions, events and/or launches.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Personal data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorise us to provide or disclose your personal data to the following categories of parties:-
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors and/or service providers;
other parties in respect of whom you have previously given your express consent;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers; and/or
companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with products and/or services that you have requested or subscribed for.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data we hold from loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
We will not keep personal data for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal data.
A user/merchant of Sapotlokal, can delete the user account upon request (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) This data is deleted from the system immediately and cannot be recovered by any users or Sapotlokal employees after this point. Data that has been deleted or otherwise destroyed can not be recovered at any time. A sufficient warning is given to the account administrator before data are permanently deleted.
Data may still remain in the system backup files, which will be deleted periodically.
Information may be deleted from our databases upon request to email@example.com. We undertake to perform the deletion within 1 week (7 working days) and will send you a confirmation once the information has been deleted. Wherever possible, we will aim to complete the request in advance of the deadline.
DATA TRANSFER AND SHARING
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purpose of data storage or processing, we may transfer the personal data to a third party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia, under similar level of security measures.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct your personal data held by us. You have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your personal data. If you need to make any corrections to your personal data, please just email us.
Your written request should be addressed to: – firstname.lastname@example.org